Welcome to Hounsdown School
Headteacher (ID 1076)
Mr D Veal(Headteacher)
Mr D Veal
A Science teacher since 1993 having taught exclusively in Hampshire comprehensive secondary schools. A Senior Leader since 2005, who joined the Hounsdown community in 2009, becoming Headteacher in January 2021
“Be the best that you can be” means continually striving to be the best version of ourselves
“Have a Mind to be Kind” means everyone making a personal, positive contribution to our culture of mutual respect and courtesy
To be an outstanding educational provider, offering every young person the highest possible quality teaching, support, challenge and resources which help them help themselves to be the best that they can be.
To achieve this we continually seek to;
- Operate at high levels of TRUST and CHALLENGE for all
- Be safe and prioritise our safeguarding duties as a community
- Build trusted working relationships as the bedrock for successful education
- Provide an excellent learning environment and experiences
- Remember that resilient young people learn good lessons from mistakes and personal challenges
- Constantly reflect on how we can improve as a school community.
The highest levels of personal growth and achievement lead to collective success by doing ‘the right things right’.
I hope that our prospectus below reflects the enormous pride that we have in our school. Hounsdown is a highly successful and popular school with a strong emphasis on the traditional values of hard work, honesty, responsibility and respect for others. Our school has high expectations of students, staff, parents and governors alike and we work in close partnership in order to ensure that everyone strives to give of their best. We especially value our collaboration with parents; working together to ensure every young person in our care is challenged and reaches their full potential.